Disclaimer: Throwaway account, to not alert my current workplace, as well as potential future workplace.
My story started a couple of months ago, and it goes like this:
- I see a very interesting job posting and I apply.
- Company employed Recruiter contacts me, we set up an interview. It goes well.
- Further interview process with multiple potential colleagues and team lead. All goes well.
- Follow up talk with Recruiter where I am praised to the skies. I make salary demand.
- Recruiter follows up a week later with a verbal offer that improves on my salary demand. Nice!
- Recruiter says that some legal work needs to be done before they can send me a contract. Recruiter is detailed on the specifics of this and the reasons are plausible.
- A couple of weeks goes by with no word so I email Recruiter. I promptly receive a response that a) reassures me that the offer is solid, but b) tells me there is further legal work to be done.
- An additional couple of weeks goes by, and a similar exchange happens. This time I am given a time frame for when I will get a contract. The time frame is around two additional weeks.
- A few days before the time frame expires I am suddenly contacted by a (hopefully) future Colleague, who wanted to say hi because Colleague has learned that I will be joining the company.
- The day after (still before the time frame expires) I email Recruiter to ask whether the time frame is still realistic. No response.
- The time frame has expired some days ago now, and I have still not received a response from Recruiter.
To be honest, I am not sure what to make of this. I am really keen on the job, but perhaps that makes me blind to the obvious.
Is there anything I can do to push for a contract? In that case, any suggestions? Perhaps I am overreacting and should be patient? Or has the company lost interest, decided to move on, and left me wondering?
I realize my guess is as good as yours, but I would appreciate viewpoints on my situation.