We're 2 teams of SQL Server Database Administrators one based in Europe and one in India, apart from traditional DBA's work we work on different technologies also. we have been looking for team name change which suits our current work.
- Europe team wants to have Engineer in the designation, for example: System Engineers, Database Engineers.
Indian team needs a name that gives significance to Database in the name and they also wants Engineer also in the name, for example: Database Reliability Engineers, Cloud Engineers.
where as Europe team don't care if Database is in name or not.
Now coming to the other technologies we work on:
- Azure: We spin up VMs, Create PaaS DBs, Create ADF Pipelines, Manage Subscriptions, Manage permissions etc
- Google Cloud: Work on Big query, buckets, Spin up VMs, manage projects, manage permissions etc
- On Premise: We manage SAN, 20 Physical Hosts and VMs running on them, Switches, Firewall, VM Creation etc.
- Monitoring Side: Zabbix installed and Configured by DBA's which monitors Linux and Windows machine over On-premise, Azure and Google Cloud, we have other monitoring systems also in place.
This gives a brief idea of what all we work on. We have gone through many discussion for this and can't come up with a team name which is liked by both the teams and recognized in industry and suites our work.
Since this will be our future designations what could be the best suited name for the team?
Edit: If both Engineer and Database comes in single title then both team can agree on that name.