About once or twice a month, I receive a message on LinkedIn from recruiters who state that they liked my resume and wanted to talk for a potential job offer or applying in their hiring process.
Points to Consider
- My LinkedIn has "looking for opportunities" off;
- I know many recruiters "mass-send" these messages;
- I don't think this is a big number of offers, but most of my colleagues don't receive any;
- I currently really enjoy my work;
- I talked to some of them, but never agreed to proceed with the process, thus never got an offer;
- Company neglected poaching and offered no retention bonus until a group of people left in succession;
I was wondering if these could have any value at my current company, would it? I'm assuming it is a weak fact to vouch for a raise or promotion, but can sharing an information like "I'm actively being contacted by recruiters" do any good, rather than harm? If so, how?
I did look into a bunch of other posts, but none seemed to tackle exactly this issue: