I’ve received an verbal offer from a small company offering X amount base, n% guaranteed bonus and discretionary bonus (as an industry standard structure). The whole package is merely 10% more than what I’m making now, so I called to negotiate with my HM, only to get lecture on what a growth opportunity it is (and it indeed would be imo). HM further persuaded me that the discretionary part will be the biggest chunk of pay as the industry has no “upper limit”. I decided to say ok. Then couple days later, this Monday, I saw the final written offer, which only offered X base, and 20% less on guaranteed, with no discretionary in first year. This will total out to be less than what I’m making now! So I sent back a negotiation email stating a raise and everything else as promised per verbal offer, but at a same time I think this gives me a really bad red flag on integrity of the company.
With the background, both HR and HM haven’t got back to my negotiation email and the offer deadline is this Friday. I would really appreciate any suggestions from everyone: should I call to confirm (I don’t really care if they rescind offer), or wait out (so not giving them an upper hand all of a sudden)?