So I'm a marketing coordinator at this hearing aids local company. We generate 7 leads/day through social media and paid media. Every lead we generate we send to our only call center operator, she does everything related to calling patients. She also happens to be the sister-in-law of the owner.
My problem is that we gather our best efforts to generate those leads and she seems not to care and does not understand how valuable a lead is i.e she does not call them right away or after a few hours, she is thrashing all the information I send her.
Our leads are not only name & email, they represent "Hey! I'm deaf, I need a hearing aid, I do not know where to begin, I need help! My family is saying I cant hear! At work I'm losing focus! Can someone help me?". And I'm having a hard time trying to convince her that they are very valuable and we should call them to make an appointment. I'm her manager, but even though I'm giving orders, she does not follow on this specific topic.
A few considerations:
- Every call to a patient must go through her first, we (marketing team) cannot take action here and call our leads.
- She says she has better calling lists, which are old patients (+4 years without any purchase) and partnered elderly homes databases.
- She seems to underestimate the power of a well qualified lead
- She is directly under me.
- My manager came to me saying he is not happy with sales since I arrived, because its the same number from last year, and he made an investment by hiring me and other two assistants.
- EDIT: Since our call center operator has to speak very loud (and I mean... VERY LOUD), she has to stay in another room by herself, so I do not have direct supervision on her.
I feel like our marketing work is being done, but we did not have any greater results from it because of this situation described above. It was my fault to not follow our leads in the beginning. But now that I figured where our bottleneck is, I do not know what to do exactly.
How can I approach this situation with our call center operator so she does call them without complaining? or... How can I approach my manager about this situation?