I have worked in several other companies before and never really encountered this. I don’t really know if this is actually sexism, but it’s really frustrating and I don’t know what else to call it? I know I am the only one on the team having this problem because I see they treat others differently. I’m also the only female on the team
- Mansplaining: for example:
- me: how do you include this in git (I am actually asking about a special case in which you need an obscure command)
- him: oh just “git add” (walks away)
- me: ... (that is not what I asked about)
For sake of anonymity I won’t share the exact question here, and I am definitely also at fault here because I didn’t phrase the question well enough, but why would he think that my answer would be so basic?
- On the other side of this is general unfriendliness. If they really think I am so helpless that I don’t know a basic question, why would they be so unhelpful?
Complicated, company-specific processes are not explained at all. They just show me once very quickly, and expect me to memorize it. Emails asking for help are not replied to, I just gave up asking them unless I absolutely have to, and I ask in person.
How can I cope with this? I feel like I need to find an another job.