I accepted a job offer (online) last September. The employer is in Australia and is willing to sponsor my work visa application. I submitted my visa application last October, and provided additional documents last November, but there is still no update about my application. In the application portal, the status of the application is "further assessment". I contacted Australian HomeAffairs they said I have provided all the documents, there is nothing I can do but wait at the moment.
This is so frustrating because I have waited more than 4 months for this visa. The problem is that I cannot see any hope in this case because the visa processing time can be "indefinite", I cannot see the "real process" of my visa application and I do not know if they will grant or refuse my visa application. I contacted the employer, they said they can change the commencement date once my visa is granted. I am very grateful that the employer is willing to do this and I would like to wait a bit longer for the visa. My question is, is it ok to kindly refuse the offer in my circumstance because of the visa problem? My employment with my current employer ends this month. My plan is looking for new job opportunity when I am waiting for the visa because the "visa thing" is uncertain. In the contract it says the resignation period is 3 months. Since I have not formally started yet, if I decline it, would it be "breach of contract"?