There's a coworker at my job who asked me out on my first day and I said no. Since then he keeps trying to socialize with me by sitting next to me while I eat my lunch. I'm really not interested in socializing with him because he's a very rude person and only wants to talk about himself.
Here's what I've tried so far:
- Ignoring him. I don't make eye contact or respond to anything he says. I stare at my phone and talk to other coworkers as if he's not there. He just keeps talking and asking questions or he'll start telling some story about his weekend.
- Putting earbuds in when he sits down. He doesn't leave still. His mouth keeps moving but I listen to music or podcasts so I don't hear him.
- Getting up and moving to another table as soon as he sits down. He follows me and keeps talking.
- Saying I'm saving his seat for another coworker. He says "well I was here first" and doesn't leave.
- Taking my lunch to my cubicle and eating there. He follows me and brings a chair, and keeps talking.
- Saying "I'm not in the mood for conversation. I'd like to be left alone.". He says something like "aww what's wrong?" and doesn't leave me alone.