The problem: Things in this new company are not good at all, and I just realized I am pregnant. I am also on a 6 month trial period. I have a feeling they might not continue my contract, because:
- Very soon I'll have to go on maternity leave.
- I feel like I'm not gonna meet their expectations.
- Company seems to be in a small crisis because of the COVID19.
Why not meeting each others expectations:
- I was assigned on a C# MVC project. I have zero experience with it and I find it very hard working on this project. One small task takes me way too much time. I have to learn on the go.
- I was expecting good work process, but the other coworkers seem not very experienced and not knowing what's going on. No good leader to rely on.
Bad things about the company so far:
- The on-boarding process was awful. Zero documentation and the person assigned to help me had no interest in doing it at all.
- In the lunch breaks, all coworkers were complaining about the company.
- They don't have projects for my expertise and assigned me on a C# MVC project. I feel like I'm junior dev again.
- The people in my team are also "newbies" - The PM started 2 months ago. The other devs has 1 year or less experience in the company.
- Company announced cut offs, because of the virus. Some coworkers have to work on 4 hours and -50% salary. Traveling expenses, food and other goodies will be cut.
I realized I don't want to work for this company, but I don't have a choice. What measures I can take to make sure they will continue my contract? How to cope with the pressure (from the problems I've listed) in the next months? I feel like I made huge mistake and started a new job in the wrong time.