I belong from India. I have been offered a new job and would like to end my current notice period early. In my offer letter it's mentioned that - "After confirmation your services can be terminated by either party by giving to the other, a notice of 2(two) months in writing or payment of an amount (Basic Salary plus Flexible Benefits Plan) in lieu thereof." But my manager is not agreeing for buy-out of notice period even though my new employer is agreeing to buy out the notice period for me. I'm also done with my pending tasks like KT to my peer, etc.
Also before dropping the resignation mail, he had a sync-up meeting with him where I clearly communicated that I wish to take up the new job offer and get relieved as early as possible. At the end, he told me to keep only him in the mail and he will initiate the HR process after intimating the HR. Now, he is not initiating the same and delaying the process. He also asked me not to take leave during my notice period, although I have enough earned leaves accumulated else my notice period will be extended. What to do in this kind of situation? I'm having my first job switch and wish to make an exit as smooth as possible.
Update : My manager has initiated the HR process after a week. He said, he was hopeful that I would change my mind and wished I stay. But he didn't grant my early release and I communicated with my HR, she said my manager is the only one whose approval can grant early release. I'm now anxious that, my last working day is 19th June and joining in new organization is 22nd June, if I'll be getting all the documents necessary by that time needed to join the new organization. How to tackle this?