- I'm an indian and i finished my graduation in 2015. Then joined a service based MNC in feb 2016 and worked there for a year and half. I quit the company(Aug 2017) in order to pursue higher studies. But unfortunately, it did not pan out and since i already had previous experience, i came back to IT industry(Software quality assurance, to be specific).
- This took all in all 16 months
- 5months - GATE preparation(Aug 2017 to Jan 2018)
- 2months - waiting for exam result(Feb and Mar 2018)
- 2months - Sisters Marriage(April and May 2018)
- 2Months - Wasted(June and July 2018)
- 5Moths - Joined a course to get back in touch with all the things needed for my next job(Aug 2018 to Dec 2018)
- Got job in Jan 2019 So, all in all, a gap of one and half years.
- I joined a second company(startup) and was working there when they removed me citing performance issues(Actually it was something to do with my manager, that i came to know about later). They removed me in jan 2020.
- My grandmother passed away in feb 2020 and it took all feb and half of march to finish all the rituals. So could not focus on job search. Then the covid-19 hit us.
- I was preparing meanwhile and got myself a job in June 2020. Now my issue is, the people in this company are ok and work is also not that great. I don't see a learning curve here. So i'm thinking to look for a different job.
Should i put this company in my resume or just say that i have worked only till Jan 2020 and because of covid-19 could not get a job.
And if i DO PUT this in my resume, then it will reflect very badly on my part as i have two gaps in my career now. I'm confused as to what to do now? I have around 2 and half years of exp. If i do continue here then it will just add years to my resume and not skills.
Any help/guidance/advice is very much appreciated.
P.S: I'm seeing many downvotes here. So here are some of the threads that i have gone through. Any other things that needs to be added to not get downvotes?
- The reason i'm looking for a job change is that, this is a startup and they are hiring and firing like there is no tomorrow and i feel that if the worst was to come then it would affect my career in the long run. Hence i'm looking to join a company where i can stay for a couple of years at the least.