I love the company that I work at; however, since the integration of colleagues from a business that we bought (around a year ago) the working conditions have really taken a turn for the worse.
I have principally 2 problems:
I have serious doubts about the competence of one of the guys brought in (he is my n+2 manager, and will be conducting part of my annual review). He has negatively impacted a lot of things since his arrival, and to my knowlege, the company is (increasingly) aware of this.
There's open conflict in the team (I am sometimes dragged into this), rude email exchanges (I'm aware of this, but not participating) and generally a terrible, combative ambiance when certain members of the team are in meetings. My manager is present, but he himself is part of the conflict.
I have to write up a document for my annual review about my satisfaction with the company, and I feel that i should talk about the negative aspects mentioned above.
My questions are thus:
- Should I be honest?
- If so should I try to add a positive light? How?
- In the case that I'm honest, how I limit the negative impact to my position (and future progression) in the company?
Any additional comments to how to approach this situation are very welcome.
- HR are aware of my concerns.
- I'm not alone in how I feel, at least 2 of my colleagues share my concerns.
- I don't plan to leave the company