I've composed a message for my boss, and I will send it later today. But I would like to seek help or suggestions first.
- My work as a programmer is remote. The company is based in the US, and I'm here somewhere in southeast Asia.
- I've been working at the company for the past 3 months now.
- I reckon I have a good image so far, and good standing.
- For example, the last project I had, earned quite some praises from the bosses, and because of that, that project/client is coming back soon to the company to sign another contract.
- And another one is my current project for a client is going good so far, and in fact the client just renewed their contract with my company for another month (staff augmentation).
- I just waited for this #5 as an opportunity to ask.
- I already asked one colleague if he has asked for a machine before. He said he was informed that the company does not provide a machine during his interview.
- I have a follow-up question, that if they indeed don't provide a machine, at least a salary-loan, 0% interest, payable in 12 months would be a big help.
Here are my two messages for my boss:
Hey John! Good morning! Are you, by any chance, free for a quick chat now or later? Just wanna ask something.
So... I know I haven't contributed any significant value to the company yet. But lately I've been thinking to upgrade my machine. I've never asked this question before, and could be too much to ask, but does <company_name> provide a machine? I think probably no, and if no, do you think the company could help me, at least, with purcashing a Macbook pro 32GB RAM, 13"? Like for example, <company_name> can let me have a "salary loan", and make it payable for, say 12 months with 0% interest? This upgrade will certainly be a big help to my everyday tasks, and will make me even more productive. Thank you so much! Of course I will definitely understand if we have no privilege like that salary loan thing.
Do I have a chance to get any of the favors that I ask? Is there something I can mention too or change?