I'm a programmer in Malaysia. I wrote a software module that will be used on a cruise ship that departs from Singapore and returns to Singapore, without going anywhere else.
My employer is requiring me to travel to Singapore and then go on the ship to provide support as the users start to use the software. I may need to be quarantined for 14 days before I leave Malaysia for Singapore, and another 14 days when I arrive back in Malaysia from Singapore, but our admin is checking on the exact requirements.
What rights do I have in this case?
- Can I refuse to go on the trip?
- Can I request for "insurance coverage" of some sort that:
- pays damages if I die from COVID-19 as a result of the trip?
- pays medical and quarantine costs?
- pays compensation when stranded on the ship or in Singapore?
- pays compensation for long term medical complications as a result of COVID-19 infection?