Company A, with around 1500 employees is a subsidiary of a larger consumer Company B which is active in investments and has good market performance. I received a call from a recruiter on a job portal. I didn't do too well in the 1st coding round, but received interview call 2 weeks later. The subsequent tech interviews weren't that tough - happened over 5 days span. The hiring manager round was long, and they dived deep into my problem solving skills. Few hours later, I received a mail stating positive response and asking to share salary docs, which I did as it is common practice in India. Then, the next working day, I received a call asking about my salary expectation - which is quite high compared to my current salary, but around industry standards and I mentioned expecting a hike as appraisal cycle for the last year has started and will receive increment letter soon.
2 days later, no negotiation, I received the offer letter asking to respond in a day. I asked for another day's time, and it got accepted by the recruiter. The offer seems legit - although it does bears the letterhead of a subsidiary product of Company A, the designation is right and it mentions I'll be working for the parent company (Company A, not its parent Company B). It feels like all this is happening too soon.
I haven't yet asked about the Glassdoor reviews (3.5) & Product reviews - Twitter & social media are filled with complaints. The company has public addresses listed for other locations in the country, but not the one I've been accepted for. LinkedIn has about 100 employees listed in my location. The recruiter says, because of COVID, I don't have to join till Jan/Feb, and they will finalise address based on employee's convenience when they do open up for work from office.
Should I be concerned? How do I ask about the reviews & who to ask?
Also, questions regarding the offer itself:
- It says offer is given I join before said date, which I know will be impossible given my notice period which I haven't served yet.
- I am eligible for a joining bonus if I join within mentioned date. It doesn't mention what happens if I join after that. If I'm still eligible for job offer without joining bonus?
- I need to wait to receive the increment letter from current employer. So when do I serve my notice?