My already accepted internship at an IT-company was canceled. The reason they mentioned to me were that almost all employees of the department I was supposed to work in are currently in home-office and there would be nobody around to tutor me.
They said they would be happy to repropose their offer once back to normal office-work, probably in 2021.
My question: Should I tell them that I would be willing to do my internship remotely as well in case the head of the department agrees, and ask them if they would consider such a scenario? Or should I remain silent, wait for next year and proceed as proposed? Would asking put them off somehow?
On Monday I suggested the option of a remote internship and as expected, they have already thought about it and had some concerns. But to my surprise after HR spoke with the head of the department and their concerns got resolved , they were willing to give it a try under additional regulations/requirements :) Thanks again for your thoughts on this one!