I'm a technical Lead in a small organization, and I provide technical inputs to HR in the recruitment process. My involvement in the recruitment process is limited to the following:
- Creating the Job Description and passing that to HR
- Filtering the CVs after HR has filtered them.
- Conducting an Initial Telephonic interview.
- Being in the Interview Panel in the Face to Face on site interview.
HR has a template for steps 3 & 4 which I fill up and submit. But I'm feeling that this does not meet my needs, in tracking the CVs, specially in the following cases:
- HR might accidentally pass on the same CV for a different position.
- I might feel that I person I had earlier interviewed on the phone and rejected for one position might now be suitable for different position.
My attempt at solving this issue, is to record as much information as I can in an Excel Sheet, but I'm finding that unwieldy and end up not filling it half the time.
I'm not asking for software recommendations. I'm asking if there are any tricks or procedures that you follow, which would help in recording this kind of non structured information. While conducting an interview, one notices a lot of things, and very little of that is actually recorded, and formally filled. What about all these other things that come to mind of an interviewer? What do you do with them? How do you make sure that they are useful in the future?