Here's my situation. I am interested in jobs which require a work visa, and the visa requires a decent IELTS score. Due to the scarcity of test dates, I know I won't get the results before the end of March, which means I won't be able to accept an offer for a month or two.
Is it wise to apply anyway? I know applying and tailoring CVs/resumes is time-consuming, but I wouldn't want to receive a positive response before then and have to turn it down. I assume they're not going to wait a month when they could just get somebody else... I also wouldn't want to explain my situation and get a negative response because of that, knowing that perhaps this response would have been positive had I waited at least a little bit till I get my results...
I want to wait, but my parents are pressuring me. I don't know whether they are right to do so, or if they are simply trying to sabotage my chances abroad because they secretly want me to stay in my home country, which I hate. (This wouldn't be the first time, which is why I am very doubtful and prefer to ask...)
Another possibility would be preparing the CVs/resumes and waiting before sending them, but I am afraid the job posting will be gone in a couple months and I would have wasted my time tailoring everything for nothing.
So, what would you do if you were me? Or rather, what would most people do in this case? I'm sure I'm not alone.