After getting interviewed online from a company in the United Arab Emirates for a Senior Web Developer role. I was asked about my expected salary. I quoted 25K AED because that's what I think is a comfortable salary for me after factoring expenses and rent and supporting my family for some time at my home country.
I got a reply that the budget they have is below 20K, and asked me for my thoughts. So I replied that I would respectfully decline, because that salary becomes lower than my current salary at my home country after paying rent, and then thanked them, and praised their company profile and wished them good luck. Basically, I wanted to move on with my life and just forget about it, and maybe apply to other jobs in the UAE or some other country in the Arabian Gulf.
They replied back asking me what I thought about a 20K salary. So, it seemed to me that they might want to negotiate? And I thought that maybe there is a chance and reopened my desire to work in that company, and that I may still get my desired salary if I persisted, or a little bit below it (say 23K). But anyway I went ahead and replied adamantly that I would be comfortable to accept 25K just like my original request.
After this, no reply, and nothing so far after 2 days of waiting (they were previously replying promptly).
Is it likely that this has just ended? Or is there a chance that they might reply back? I'm mainly thinking of sending them a new email asking if there is any update, so that maybe I can budge them again into negotiating. While 25K is still the salary that I feel comfortable with and which I frankly think I deserve based on my long experience, I thought about the whole situation again and maybe 23K wouldn't be all that bad since it is still a decent salary and can get me a foothold in the UAE, while not jeopardizing my current financial situation. And maybe after proving my worth I can raise my salary.