I'm working at a company that I find a gap between how it is perceived in the market and the day-to-day feeling that I have while working there.
- Reviews in Glassdoor are fairly good. Including some "amazing place to work at"
- Company winning "best place" awards
The issues I see:
- Outstanding technological debt. Lagging behind the market for about 5 years.
- Bureaucracy all over the place
- It is very hard to change procedures/ways of doing things.
How normal is that gap between the perception of the company and what you encounter when actually working there?
Is that normal thing that the "grass" of another company seems greener till you steps in?
Addressing some of the comments:
- Tech dept - it is not about cutting edge technologies that were just introduced, but about technologies that are industry standard by now.
- Company type - a SaaS software company.