I have a job offer which I need to respond to within a week. I am interviewing at another organization and cleared first round on Monday.
I emailed to HR of the second organization (as politely as I can) that I have another job offer and it would be great if overall interview process can be expedited so I can take fair and informed decision.
They did not respond to my request but scheduled next interview tomorrow with a very senior person. If the interview goes well and when they give me opportunity to ask questions, I want to know if it is good idea to tell the interviewer that I have another offer and I am hoping for relatively quick feedback. I am thinking if I tell to the senior executive directly, it might be more impactful in expediting decision.(but could be risky too as it might annoy them).
I have got some insights from this question but I think situation is different. I want to know if I should tell the interviewer also.