Now how do I convey them that I want more salary than the company B is
"Dear Ms Company-A decision-maker,
While you have offered me a good salary, I've gotten better offers from other companies. Still, I'd really like to work at Company A. Can you offer more?"
(You might decide to state outright how much Company B is offering.)
Before doing this, make sure you are clear in your own mind what your decision will be no matter what the response from Company A:
- No we cannot offer more, our current offer is our best offer. Take it or leave it.
- What other offers do you have?
- How much more do you want?
- We can offer X more, but that's all.
- Never mind. Our offer is withdrawn. Goodbye.
Unless you have something that makes you exceptional, and far more highly valued than other candidates, most companies don't want to get into a bidding war. So make sure you aren't stringing them along - be ready to decide and live with your decision.
Note: I always suggest you do this sort of thing either in person, or at least by phone - not by mail. That way, you can gauge their reaction and formulate your response better.