How do I secure a job offer from this company that I worked for two years during my master studies? ... Do I need to quit my job and start looking for a better job?
- Do not quit. (Yet.)
- Stop worrying about securing this position.
- Start job hunting.
The first bit of advice is to never quit rashly just because something feels unfair; spite them instead by continuing to take a paycheck whilst you carefully plan your exit.
Secondly, it sounds like they have passed you over for promotion and are planning on keeping you temporary (presumably at the same pay grade) for the foreseeable future... so stop worrying about securing this current job where you seem to be undervalued.
Thirdly, since you are undervalued at your current job... start looking for better prospects elsewhere. If conditions improve at your current job you can always stop the search; if not then you'll have a head start on finding better alternatives.
After graduation when I asked about the job offer... they told me that I need to bring my PGWP letter when it is approved... [after 3 months waiting on that PGWP approval and another 2 months waiting on HR] ... they say they want to keep me as a temporary employee for another 1-2 years.(It actually turned out that they hold my offer letter as someone wants me to be temporary employee rather than a permanent employee)...
I am not a lawyer, nor am I in any way familiar with Canadian foreign-worker laws, but...
This sounds like a potential red flag. Sure, there are often hassles involved with navigating the bureaucratic paperwork involved with foreign-worker visas, but usually those hassles come in the form of delays on the government's side. That said, there might be two different kinds of scenarios where your employer would deliberately choose to delay your paperwork:
- Your employer is holding the paperwork hostage.
- Your employer is attempting to maximize your student-visa and worker-visa timeframe.
The first scenario would be a major red flag. In this case the employer is basically holding your PGWP paperwork so that they can use it as leverage. You don't like the pay in the job offer they hand you 2-years from now? Then good luck finding a different job to sign similar PGWP paperwork with just days to go before your current visa runs out.
The second scenario might actually be to your benefit (depending on the specifics of Canadian visas and immigration). Presumably, your employer knows how much longer you are allowed to live-and-work in Canada under whatever student-visa laws currently apply to you, furthermore they likely know how long you'll have to live-and-work in Canada once that PGWP paperwork is submitted and you get a new work-visa. By delaying things as long as possible they are effectively extending the time period that you are allowed to live-and-work in Canada under these two visas - and time-accrued living/working in Canada might just be useful when applying for permanent residence, etc.
That said, there's really no way of knowing which situation applies to you... though it does seem a bad sign that your employer isn't keeping you informed if they are simply attempting to help "extend" your visas.
Meanwhile, I noticed they hired another male student who just graduated... They gave him a permanent offer with a promotion. We were 3 students working during studies 2 male and 1 female, all two males got a permanent job offer, except me... they processed my colleague's hiring without any PGWP letter[!]
While it appears clear that you are not being valued as much as your other colleagues... proving that it is due to gender-based discrimination would be quite difficult. If you believe that it must be discrimination, then talk to a lawyer about your odds of winning such a case, but from a practical standpoint it'd likely be easier to move on to a new job.
Furthermore, have you talked to these colleagues of yours? Maybe there are some important details that are going on that are too hard to see "from afar". Like maybe your colleague didn't have any PGWP hassles because he sent the paperwork in months ago? Or he's married to a Canadian woman and that paperwork cleared recently so he doesn't need to worry about the work-visa paperwork at all. Or maybe he had a competing job offer and your company game him the promotion as a counter-offer?
All in all, my advice would be to start looking for jobs now to see what your options are; if things improve at your current job then you can always decided to stay... but getting some information can't hurt either way.