P.S - The question posted here does not answer mine due to the following reasons :-
- I am not a new joiner. I had 2 years prior experience, and 8 months in the current company (as of posting my question)
- I am bored not because I have boring work, but because I barely have any work
- I cannot discuss with my manager to ask for more work, as I get projects based on a pool of projects, and my manager is handling those project pools
- If I pressurize more, my manager may give me support projects or assign me more tasks that I can handle.
- I need to showcase my work accomplishments to future potential recruiters, and it is not easy to get a salary hike without it. =============================================================
Recently I joined an service based MNC in India, and it has been around 8 months. I was hyper excited, and actually left several startups because this MNC, because they told me that they (the MNC) would provide training in AWS (Amazon Web Services).
Before that, I was in a different startup, and had no clue of AWS. And I was very excited to learn a cloud , and so, when I got this opportunity, I jumped instantly, and ignored other startups, even when those startups (some of them well-established) were willing to pay more than what this MNC offered.
Now, I have the CCP (the base level) AWS certification, and am preparing for Developer Associate level certification. However, it has been 8 months in the MNC, and I barely got any work. I must have worked for only 8 hours in total, in those 8 months. I have been alloted as a developer. Even then I barely get work.
I search for Work-Life Balance in a company, but I was not expecting No work. I want to work at least 4-5 hours (assuming that is the effective working hours of a company in general) and learn.
Had it been a programming language, I would have filled GitHub with side projects, and even tried LeetCode. But, I want to do LeetCode, along with AWS, as AWS is also something I am very interested in (any cloud will do , but I am into AWS right now).
I want to know :-
How to stay relevant in AWS ?
How to showcase my work to potential employers while trying to switch, on AWS?
How to proceed now?