I am currently working in a hybrid model where I go to the office 2 days per week and work from home for the remaining days. I have recently been diagnosed as pre-diabetic and started taking semiglutide medication to manage my A1C levels and assist with weight loss. The medication has been effective in managing my condition.
However, I am experiencing some side effects, including frequent bathroom trips, excessive gas, and an increased need to drink water. These side effects are quite uncomfortable and can be disruptive in an office setting, but manageable from home.
I am considering requesting to work fully remote as a reasonable accommodation for the drug's side effect. I would like to ask the community for advice on the following questions--please feel free to answer any:
- Do I have grounds to request full remote work as a reasonable accommodation based on the side effects of the medication?
- How can I improve my odds of getting this request accommodated by my employer?
- What documentation or medical proof should I provide to support my request?
- How should I approach discussing this with my manager and HR department?
- Are there any additional considerations or potential challenges I should be aware of when making this request?