I'm waiting for an offer from a company I'm currently interviewing with.
The job is a Software Engineering Team Lead at a company with 300 employees.
During the technical interviews, I did not feel comfortable. I interpreted the:
- Group Leader as a stressed person.
- CTO (Co-Founder) as professional, direct, and stressed as well but also as an intimidating person and with forceful opinions.
- VP R&D (Co-Founder) as professional, cold, and direct.
- As a team lead, what work will I have with the CTO?
- How will the work life balance be?
- How stressed are my managers?
- What is the technical quality of the product I will work on?
- Will the employees I will manage have this kind of stress?
I found 2 negative reviews from inside the R&D in the last 6 months:
- No work life balance.
- The technical quality of the product is low.
- Toxic environment.
- Managers has a constant mood, angry and controlling.
- Management is untouchable.
- Unpleasant employees (can't tell if the comment is about the managers).
- What questions can I ask the HR representative or my future Group leader to better understand the work environment?
- Can I request a response to the online reviews I mentioned?
- How can I maximize my offer based on my concerns? Sounds like I'm taking a big risk.