To start off, I am moving at the end of the month several states away from AZ to OR. I do have another job offer in this other state pending one last interview when I end up getting there. My move schedule is set and stone and cannot be changed due to family reasons.
My current employer has already announced a fairly decent bonus to be paid out in the last paycheck of this month (The 21st, to be precise). According to company policy, to receive this bonus I must be still with the company in good standing at the time of payout.
If I give 2 week's notice on the 13th that I will be leaving the company on the 27th, then I'm not sure if it's expected that I will still get this bonus. My main problem is that I am rather relying on this bonus in order to meet the costs of the moving process.
Now I have been told many times not to burn bridges, so how do I handle this appropriately? Would giving 1 week's notice be appropriate, or should I just chance it instead?