I recently attended an interview with one company and cleared all the rounds. In the HR round, I was asking for a salary which I feel I am worth and which I felt the company can pay. The HR person told me that it's above their maximum limit and she has to consult with her senior manager to decide whether to give me an offer or not. She explicitly mentioned that she will give me a call and tell me whether they intend to carry forward with an offer or to reject me. I said that's fine. I have been waiting for her call for the past 2 days, but have not received the call.
Why is she delaying? Will she give me call? Will she revise the salary to my expectation?
I am thinking to follow up with her on this. What is the best way to follow up for this?