My work experience is structured as follows:
- 2013-2014 Junior Business Manager, ABC Company (large)
- 2012-2013 Business Associate, ABC Company
- 2012-2012 Internship, DEF Company (major Fortune 500)
- 2006-2009 Business Manager, XYZ Company (small)
- 2004-2006 Business Assistant, KLM Organization (medium)
- 2002-2004 Business Freelancer
* Let's imagine "Business" could mean any business unit, Marketing, Sales, Finance, IT... and my experience was always in the same or similar unit (e.g. Marketing and Sales).
I am applying for management-level job interviews as prior to university that was the role I held (from 2006-2009). However, I am finding it difficult to be called back for management-level positions, potentially because my most recent work experience includes an internship done right after university.
As someone who has had education and internships after my management-role, how should I structure my resume to emphasize my management skills and pre-university experience when applying to management-level positions?