I have been going through a transition period. I was looking after an elderly family member while working part time. He has now gone into a care home and I no longer receive anything for his care.
I have looked into my situation with great care because I love my current employer and wish to progress with them. However, I have come to the conclusion I will have to leave and have already started applying elsewhere. This is because:
- Opportunities for progression or full time work are limited with my current employer
- My salary does not come close to covering outgoings despite cutting back and
- I do not qualify for benefits to allow me to stick around and wait for an opportunity.
I work in a very small team so if I get called for any sort of interview, it is highly likely I will need to request time off for it. This is also the first time I am applying for a job while already in employment.
- How do explain to my boss I need time off for interviews?
- How do I explain why I am leaving to them and my prospective employer?