My one year review is due and my Front Office Manager has verbally
informed me they're planning on giving me a raise.
The problem is I'm hoping to leaving the country in two months, I'm
waiting for a decision to be made on a visa application.
I've told my General Manager of my plans but we decided not to inform
anyone until the application went through (and then making my leave
official)- I don't want to be jobless if the visa application is
Should I accept the raise and say nothing, or should I just let my
Office Manager know that I'm hoping to leave the country but it might
not work out?
It's not clear what your reporting relationship with the General Manager and Front Office Manager is. You might want to discuss this with your General Manager? He/she may have different advice.
Normally, you should not inform your employer that you "might" be leaving ahead of time. Wait until you get a formal acceptance from your next employer, then give your current employer your official notice.
If that means you must silently accept a raise due to the timing of the situation, then do so.
If your next job falls through, then you'll have your raise. If your next job works out, then your current company will only have paid you a raise for a very short period of time.
It doesn't sound like a very big deal either way.