I am currently a contract employee for one company. That company is ending my contract in the next week or so. I have been interviewing at other places, some looking very promising as permanent positions.
My dilemma is that one place I am very interested in working for has an 8 week average interview/decision time and would require relocating my family should I get hired. I may or may not even get asked to work there. Other places I have interviewed with are local and would probably give me an offer within the next week or so (maybe before I need to file unemployment even).
What if the place I really want to work does make an offer though? I feel bad if I quit someplace that just hired me only a month or two after starting, but at the same time, the opportunity may never come again. As an employer, would you understand why I would change, or would you be resentful for "wasting your time"?