This question already has an answer here:
I am currently going through the interview process with a digital agency. The role I am interviewing for is that of a Lead Developer/Analyst whose core responsibilities would be to:
- Represent the development team by acting as a liaison with the internal design team and clients
- Contribute to development and mentor junior developers
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer with regards to expected project milestones, etc.
The interview process is composed of:
- Round 1 (complete): interview with COO to discuss general product development and business skills
- Round 2 (upcoming): interview with the CTO to discuss technical skills
For round 1, I was in business formal wear. As per their body language, the interview went well.
Because the second interview is more technical, I am considering dressing a little more casually as I would if it was a day I planned to spend with fellow developers.
My thinking here is that I want to be dressed for the situation- business formal with the business folk and casual with the tech folk. I am conflicted though because it is usually advisable to err on the side of overdressing.