In countries like Pakistan, there are companies which do project-based hiring and as soon as projects are finished, so are the jobs.
Process of hiring:
- Get Project From a fortune 500 or big company.
- Post the jobs on local websites
- Then offering them offshore software development and letting them interview the candidate and short list.
- Collect the CV
- Asking his/her expected salary (Same salary package is passed to clients which are mostly from USA)
- CLient interviews and hight the candiate inderctly.
- Candidate is asked to share his/her CV in word format
- Showing the client He is currently working with US (In Actuall, candidate is still working in current company, if hired then he is offered a job in middle company.)
- Candidate is told to tell the client that your current job is with this company.
- If hired, middle company hires the candidate for the compnay.
- Client company is shown that they have many resource and available on request.
I am going through same thing, if I tell you for which company I am being contacted, you won't believe, It's from US. They have also development office here, but they never contacted my because of politics and social class differences. I have applied a few times, but never heard from them, but getting hired from their head-office is kind a sad.
Anyways what do you think, should I be part of this lie?
Don't you think that fortune 500 company is responsible for all this? why don't they hire from their Pakistani software office?
I wonder if they know how candidate is selected and that lie, which i told you about.
I am just proceeding how it all happens and not much interested. I would be if they would have giving me a chance in their own company and I would be really proud.
- How to proceed with such jobs and companies?
- Why even fortune 500 company would hire resources like that and stays blind that how candidate is chooses for it?
- How such companies get contacts in these companies?
- Where are the morals of such companies who spoil the market for candidates.
- I am wondering should I tell the fortune 500 company that how I am being hired for them and what impact it would have on my career as the local hiring firm have all the personal details about me?
- Showing the client that candidate is currently working with contractor (In Actual, candidate is still working in his current other company, if hired then he is offered a job in middle company.), How bad is this and how US company will see it. I wonder if they don't know these practices. What is your take and experience on that
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Note: Best of the best is hired and client makes sure itself.