So last week, I went to an interview. The interview went well and I liked the company. However, it would require a 65 mile drive a day.
I was aware of this before the interview, but decided to go just to check it out and to learn more about the job. During the interview, I learned that the job is really a lateral move for me and while it might be more money, I'm not sure I'd make THAT much more to make the drive worth it.
After thinking about it over the weekend and talking about it with my wife, I plan on turning down the job if offered, But I thought it might be nice to inform them ahead of time, so they can focus on other candidates.
Should I pull out of a job running before they offer it to me?