I am on a scrum team. my company has sort of a freeze period going on, where in there are meant to be no releases of our software product / services. So, though there is still enough work for most of us, it means we are not on a deadline.
However, I am the one who does have a deadline that needs to be met soon during this period, it is an exception just like many others have in my company during this time period. No body else though has a deadline in my team.
I am working on the deadline relevant tasks during and after office hours. So that I can complete it as soon as possible.
in the midst of all this, there is a un-planned task that gets added to my plate, which is eating up quite some time off my sprint and is taking much more time than expected to complete. And now due to some reasons, I am blocked on this unplanned work task.
During our standups,
- Our product owner does not listen to my status
- the product owner tells me that I must use my time to do other things if I am stuck in a task and have nothing else to do (whereas he/she must know what tasks I am already on)
Due to this:
- I have realized that my team mates think I am not good at time management
- I don't know why my PO doesn't look interested in my status updates
- Does my PO think I really have nothing on my plate and that I am wasting time?
- If so, what could have led her to believe that in spite of her knowing that i am working late hours and having road blocks that i am battling with?
- Will her such statement in my standup really affect the way my colleagues view me
- what are the things I must take care of or be cautious about to not let this happen again?