You never know - perhaps it is legitimate. Salary ranges do sometime go very wide...
If this sounds too good to be true, the saying goes that it probably is. If you decide to go ahead, do so with both eyes open and look out for anything out of the ordinary (above and beyond the salary).
Things you need to ask the recruitment agency involved:
- Is the figure quoted for base salary or does it include a bonus and other benefits?
- Who is this company? (gives you the chance to do some research yourself)
- Why the high salary when the requirements seem run of the mill?
Things to watch out for:
- New company - not been around for long at all
- Interviews not conducted at the company premises (they might not have any)
- The process is too quick (hardly any time to get the interview and an almost immediate offer)
It is possible that this is a scam where the "recruitment agency" is selling resume services (i.e. teaching you how to improve you resume - for a fee). Just be aware this is a possibility.