I feel now that I'm ready to start working, so I'm looking for a job. The thing is: I feel that most companies will decline my application right way because I do not have the paper. I should add that I'm a quite odd person:
- I hate doing things one way just because everyone else does;
- I push myself really hard to learn new things and improve;
- Don't care about money, only about doing something I like;
How should I approach a company when looking for a job? Even better: how can I find a company that needs someone like me?
I should add that I'm looking for a software developer position.
Effectively adding “Self-taught” skills on your Resume and other questions under "Related" there do not address the particular aspects here:
- I have no formal qualifications (so it is not just a question of adding self-taught qualifications to a "normal" CV that already includes a degree)
- This concerns an entry-level job (I have no previous job experience that could signal to an employer I know what development is about)