I received an email from a headhunter for a corporate job in the afternoon with the proposed phone interview time and responded that night I would be available during lunch or after work in their specific timezone. The next email I received was 45 minutes before the meeting that they wouldn't be able to change the time as they were completely back to back on interviews (understandable), so I was prepared to take the interview at the proposed time. I assumed that she would fill out the necessary information to setup the interview but apparently didn't pass my phone number on to the interviewers. The time passed and the headhunter sent me an email saying that the meeting has been cancelled. My contact with the headhunter has been sparce and when I needed information, I was given it at last possible moment. I have signed a right to represent if that makes any difference in this decision.
The headhunter stated that my options could be to try to phone interview on the next day or to fly to said city on one of two days next week.
My dilemma is that I really want this job but I want to be as professional as possible about the situation with the possible future employer.
Should contact the employee giving the phone screening (someone I slightly know in my field), the person doing the scheduling (an email that I have), or attempt to continue scheduling with the headhunter?
If I were to CC the headhunter to a email directly to the person doing the scheduling would that be acceptable? I'm in no way wanting to go behind the headhunter's back. I'm fine with the headhunter getting their commission for letting me know about the job. I'm very concerned about not getting an interview with a company due to miscommunication.