I am trying to applying for an IT job, here is my situation --
- I have a pdf resume (latex --> pdf) format is here: http://www.latextemplates.com/template/two-column-one-page-cv
- I have a linkedin profile
- I have a text resume (generated from the pdf)
- I have a monster account (another version of resume that fits to their form)
- I have a glassdoor account (another version of resume that fits to their form)
- I have a dice account (another version of resume that fits to their form)
- and so on ... actually the list is ever expanding.
the problem is that now I am trying to apply to another place where they have couple of options --
- write your resume from scratch (they have a sort of online wizard to do this)
- upload a pdf and they will parse it into their forms (which eventually destroys/garbles most of my information)
- upload a text resume, where their system tries to parse it again and I need to fix them later manually.
The problem is that whenever you try to apply to another place, you need to redo the whole process recurrently (although couple of places have a nice option where they can nicely parse the information from the linkedin url, again some other place accepts just a plain pdf and you are done).
My question is that all these craps kills a lot of time and completely distract me from the actual work.
How do people manage ?