Here is my timeline :
- May 29 : End of current contract and decided not to accept if offered an extension
- June 1-25 : I'll be overseas for a vacation
- June 26 onwards : Back to hometown
Given this, I personally think I could reduce the "unemployment" gap if I started applying early. However, given my vacation schedule, I wouldn't be able to attend interviews in that time period.
These are the options I can see right now :
- Send applications on late April to early May, and be able to do interviews before vacation starts. If the question "When will you be able to start?" comes up, I'll mention my schedule.
- Send applications during vacation stating that I'll only be able to attend interviews starting on June 26.
- Both of the above
- Only start applying when I get back home
Number 4 is the safest, however, I think I'd be spending more time as an unemployed man, and I want to minimize that as much as possible.
What option would be best in terms of employer convenience and minimal unemployment time?
Additional information :
During my vacation, I would be able to take phone calls and schedule Skype interviews if necessary.