Today, I received a mail from a recruiter about an open position at another company. 6 minutes later, and before I even read the other mail, I received another mail, from the company the recruiter mentioned, asking me to complete my profile on their website after "my" application.
Evidently, the recruiter submitted an application in my place, without my consent and even without my knowledge. I checked out the position on the company website, and it looks like a job which I wouldn't apply for myself:
- the commute would take too long;
- the job description mentions thing that I am not at all comfortable with, like providing support and visiting the client (I'm bad at social conduct), willingness to travel to other sites (I don't have a driver's license) and planning and analysis (as explained in earlier questions, something I struggle with).
- the company sector (telemarketing/callcenter) is something I'm not too keen on.
I currently have 2 problems I'm faced with:
- What should I do with the position the recruiter applied for? Should I notify the company that the application wasn't consensual?
- What should I do about the recruiter? Should I cut ties with them or give them the benefit of the doubt?