I recently applied for a paid internship position at one of the banks in my country. The HR rep called me and scheduled me for an interview. I did the interview and the next day they offered me the salary (well not salary, more like an internship allowance). They checked if that's okay with me, to which I replied yes, I liked the allowance.
The HR rep then told me that she'll talk to the finance dept in regards to when should I start. She didn't specify the exact date but I figured it won't take more than a day since it's only talking to other dept. Well it's been 3 days and I have not received any updates. Should I follow up and ask politely about the timeline decision (when should I start?), or should I just wait it out? I'm really paranoid about this sort of stuff and it's my first time experience as far as job offer is concerned.
And one more question, is it a good idea to follow up on job offer in weekends like Saturday or Sunday?