I am obliged to autonomously count my work hours and see that they are in balance with the work contract. While I already asked my manager, I would like to have an independent view on the following:
Next week I will be on my first multi-day business trip, to the Ignite expo in Chicago, as an Exhibitor.
So there are
- business hours (being on the expo site)
- leisure time (sleeping, shopping, eating at home, visiting museums)
and then there are hours I don't know how to count:
- flights, ways from / to both airports
- ways between hotel and expo
- eating out with possible customers
- eating out with the company's expo team only
- sitting in the hotel, talking about the expo day, planning the next day
- sitting in the hotel, talking about anything else
The last two points are special when considering that the topic can change multiple times in under five minutes, and the same talking could happen on the ways and when eating out. The distinction work/leisure is getting really blurred here.
So, how does one count the hours for such a trip?