So here is a situation i find myself in. I have attended several interviews through the course of my career and i have been successful in securing offer letters within a period of 1 week from the Interview.
On one of my latest interviews (a very promising job profile) this has been the sequence of events:
- 25th April - HR contacts requesting for CV. I sent the CV the same day.
- 4th May - HR contacts to schedule an interview.
- 5th May - Interview conducted.
- 10th May- Received a call from the HR saying i have been selected. HR advises verbally the best offer the company is willing to make. I accept the offer verbally. HR advises that in a couple of days the offer letter will be sent.
- 13th May- HR calls me to get a copy of my passport. I check with the HR about the offer. HR advises that it is in process and will take a couple of days.
- 17th May- On checking with HR i am advised that he is awaiting to receive approval on the Recruitment request form, but everything would be finalized before end of week (21 May).
- Come 21 May i check with the HR and i am advised that he is now only waiting to get approval on the budget before issuing the offer. He will follow up and advise me by afternoon.
Should i be concerned that the job offer may not come through, or the HR may be just buying time?
It also amuses me as to why the recruiter would need an approval on the budget when during the call on 10th May, the HR confirmed the offer the company was willing to make.
Thanks in advance.
-So i shot the HR an email requesting an update as the HR had promised to get back to me by the evening of 21st. No response yet.
Just gave the HR a call and spoke. He advised that he is still awaiting for approval of the budget and requires 2 days to give me a final answer on whether they will be making an offer.
I guess i should give up the hope by now. Thanks everyone for their inputs.