When I was waiting a feedback from company A I have received a job offer from company B. After that I informed company A that I have received official job offer from another company. Company A said that they need one more day to hear from their clients and tell me a decision. Then I asked company B for few days time to think. But they said that they cannot wait and and take risks and next day they invited me to their office to sign a contract. So I haven't had a choice and had to decide quickly. I was thinking that better have a "bird in hands", because I still didn't know decision of company A at that time.
So I went to company B office, signed a contract and agreed to work for them. But that day evening company A offered me a job. After that I informed company B that company A want me to work for them. Representative of company B replied that they put on first place my conscience and that I must keep a promised word. He also said that I will damage their company if I change my mind, and that they already arranged everything. I was little bit afraid and was feeling like I am on the pressure all the time. So I agreed again and promised to work for them.
The offer of company B is pretty good, but I have a feeling like they just strong armed me to sign the contract. Start date according contract that I signed will be only in two days.
Can I still change my mind? What would be the consequences of that for me? What do you think about hiring tactics of company B?
note: contract say that it is entered into with the condition of a three-month trial period. And I have been told that I can leave without any first signs. And I haven't even start a work there - my first day only in 2 days.