I am currently working. The reason I started looking for a job was my spouse's job was relocated and my company does not promote telecommuting.
so I started interviewing. And hence I currently have 2 job offers: company A and company B. After the initial interview I declined to proceed any further with company A, since the work was not very interesting. But a few days later the recruiters came back to me saying that the manager really wanted me at least reconsider, and that he was really impressed with me and wanted me to at least come in talk to the rest of the team etc.
I went in there a few days later after lot of coaxing from recruiters, and since I did not have any other offers I accepted the CONSULTING offer from Company A 10 days ago. I wanted more time to consider the offer from company A but the recruiters gave me a just a few hours to think. Not having any other offers I accepted it.
Today I got an FULL TIME offer from Company B, a well established stable company, which is good and under immense pressure from the recruiter accepted that as well. I have already given notice at my current company and the start date at company A has been fixed to 2 weeks from now. I prefer to work at company B since it is a full time job offer. But what do I now do with company A ?
I could delay the start date at company B, work with company A for a couple of weeks and then say that this kind of work is not what I really want to do.
If I tell them now, then I have burned the bridge with the company and the recruiting company as well.
What should I do ?
Note: Signed the acceptance from Company A. Completed background checks. Submitted W4 etc. Nothing signed with Company B yet. Will be starting with the background checks and drug test etc.