I accidentally misplaced a paycheck that I hadn't deposited yet. What do I do from here?

  • I have added your country as a tag. Questions like these depend on your culture. – user8036 Aug 4 '15 at 8:24

Go to HR or Finance (basically whoever generated the check), ask them to cancel payment on the old check and generate a new one for you.

  • I did this when it happened to me. I learned that companies should be able to do this for checks issued up to 2 years in the past. (I believe that is the legal obligation of companies in U.S. - but I am not really familiar with the laws so don't quote me) – DoubleDouble Aug 3 '15 at 21:08
  • 6
    For what it's worth, I lost a check from a temp agency nearly 8 years ago. It turns out that the state treasury office has the money and I can claim it at any time. Speaking of which, I should probably go get my $30... – user1234567890abcdef Aug 3 '15 at 22:05
  • @user1234567890abcdef Yes most U.S states have a Unclaimed Property division in their departments of revenue, they handle things of that sort. I recently found out my dad had like $1000 in pay he never claimed/deposited from a company he worked at 10+ years ago. – unknownprotocol Aug 4 '15 at 5:35

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .