I am working as Technical Team Lead for web application development Team. I have been there in the team since from 2 years. Most of my team members contain Indian teammates and working well. 6 Months back new team member has joined in my team named, Thomas, who is American.
Below are some of the things I have observed with Thomas.
- He is going through the code and asking questions. And he is not happy with the answers he is getting from other team members. Other team members are not happy with the questions that he is asking.
- He is trying to make some suggestions. And those are not well received by others. And this is causing him to be disappointed. Other team members believe those ideas to be crazy.
- Sometimes he finds some issue with anything with the application and discusses it with the team members. He then perceives the valid reasons the team gives as excuses.
After some analysis I found that Thomas has a different work style than others.
- Thomas is creating new ideas and others are implement the given Idea.
- Thomas likes working together, discussing, brainstorming with team members always. Others like work independently and come together when it requires.
- Thomas like to Plan and Organize. Whereas others are just move things and achieve what is required for next milestone.
Because of these work styles there is always agitations, rift, misunderstandings in the team when he approach and talk with any other team member in the team. Because of these both Thomas and other team members are annoying each other and complaining each other.
How can I avoid these conflicts and bring balance between them and restore healthy work relationship between team members?
is creating new ideas,
likes working together, discussing, brainstormingand
like to plan and organizeis a problem????