Apologies if I sound absurd, I will try my best to be concise.
- I have completed my Bachelor of Engg.(Computers) and I have an experience of 9 years as a developer(Java, RDBMS, MongoDB, bit of Linux etc.).
- I have been keenly interested in field careers like Cartography, Surveying(and relevant geography careers)
- Web Mapping, Photogrammetry and plethora of GIS careers - from Remote Sensing to GIS Analyst, Specialist are interesting but equally confusing
- Scientific careers like Hydrology etc. too utilize computer science/engineering skills but I couldn't make any progress understanding this on Internet
To summarize, I wish to switch to the above 'branches' which :
- Have a mix of field and office work - not just sitting and coding whole life but understand and map the field activities to applications
- I wish to utilize my current engg. and software skills but I am ready to go for higher education targeting the above mentioned 'branches'
As far as 'career counseling' is concerned, from LinkedIn to the Internet surveys etc., I have hit a wall.
How shall I proceed ?